This module is designed to enable the learner to understand the principles and practice of maintaining financial records manually and using integrated accounting software.
Certification: FETAC Level 5 Record of Achievement (B20138)
Preferred entry level:
National Vocational Certificate level 1, Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- To explore with the learner the essential and appropriate terminology associated with personal taxation
- To facilitate the learner to develop an awareness of the skills necessary to use both manual and computerised payroll systems
- To explore with the learner the importance of accuracy and security in preparing and maintaining payroll records
- To facilitate the learner to develop the skill, knowledge and understanding of how to operate the cumulative, emergency and temporary tax system
- To assist the learner in developing the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Payroll through the medium of the indicative content
- To enable the learner to take responsibility for his/her own learning.
Duration: 6th February 2017 – 10th May 2017
Sessions: Monday and Wednesday evenings 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Subject to demand a further 10-week course will run in October 2017