A full-time course offering a practical and theoretical introduction to the world of nursing, community care and health related careers.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
• Five Grade D Leaving Certificate subjects which include both Mathematics and one Science subject.
• Successful completion of interview
• Garda clearance is a requirement on place acceptance.
• The full FETAC Level 5 award facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
• In addition, successful completion of this course may facilitate progression to cognate programmes at Canterbury Christ Church University and University of Abertay, Dundee.
• FETAC National Vocational Certificate Level 5 – Nursing Studies (5M4349)
Occupational First Aid - €80 approx.
Books and work placement uniform will incur extra costs of €200 approx.
Work Experience Placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. It will consist of one block placement and day release (dates to be specified by the college). Students must obtain work experience themselves.
Students wishing to apply for Level 8 nursing programmes in Ireland must satisfy the minimum requirements of An Bord Altranais (www.nursingcareers.ie)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in FETAC awards, names and content are subject to change.